This is one of the recipes featured in the #planetaryhealthchallenge. It is made by Johanna Jonsson & Hanna Olvenmark, from the organization Portionen Under Tian and aligns with EAT-Lancet’s Planetary Health Diet.
Serves: 4 portions.
Time: approx. 30 minutes
Beluga Bolognese Ingredients
2 dl beluga lentils (dry)
1 medium-sized onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 dice of vegetable broth
1 tablespoon paprika powder
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 medium-sized parsnip
400 g crushed tomatoes
2 dl oat cream
2 tablespoons frozen herbs, ex. basil and parsley
1 pinch of sambal oelek or chili flakes
1-2 dl water
1 tablespoon oil
Salt & pepper
Pasta for 4 persons
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Place a pan on medium-high heat and gently fry the onion and garlic in oil until blanc. Add the paprika powder.
- Rinse the lentils and add them in the pan. Stir and add the tomato puree.
- Add the canned tomatoes, water and vegetable broth. Bring to a slow boil for 10 minutes.
- Peel and chop the parsnip finely. Add the parsnip and the spices to the bolognese.
- Prepare the water for the pasta and bring it to boil. Add the pasta and salt and boil until al dente.
- When the bolognese has slowly boiled for totally 20-25 minutes, taste the lentils and parsnip and make sure they are cooked through. If not, continue to boil until they are. Add the oat cream, stir and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
Serve with pasta. Enjoy!