This is one of the recipes featured in the #planetaryhealthchallenge. It is made by the Norwegian bloggers Gitte Witt og Filip Loebbert from gitteogfilip.com. To find similar recipes click here.
Serves: 2-3 portions
Time: approx. 30 minutes
250-300 g organic chicken breast
1 pack of halloumi cheese
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup arugula
2 flavorful tomatoes
2 dl quinoa
Extra-virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Set the oven to 225 degrees.
2. Place the chicken breast into a firm form and season it with salt, chili flakes and a few drops of oil.
3. Leave it for about twenty minutes until the skin is deep golden brown. Tear in smaller pieces when it is slightly cooled.
4. Rinse the salad and put it into a large bowl.
5. Rinse the quinoa in cold water before boiling. Use one part quinoa and two parts water.
6. Slice the halloumi cheese and fry it in a hot pan with a little olive oil on each side. It’s done with the edges are slightly brown.
7. Cut avocado and tomatoes into small pieces.
8. Add quinoa to the salad mix before you add the chicken, avocado, tomatoes and halloumi cheese. Then pour over some olive oil and vinegar – taste with salt and pepper. Serve with bread!
PS: If you want a vegetarian version, try tempeh instead of chicken.