Nourishing Africa through improved nutrition and sustainable food systems : African launch of the EAT-Lancet Commission Report on Food, Planet, Health
High-level side event during the 32nd Ordinary Summit of the African Union
Can we feed a future population of 10 billion people a healthy diet within planetary boundaries?
To answer this question, EAT gathered 37 of the planet’s foremost experts who, for the first time ever, propose scientific targets for what constitutes both a healthy diet.
This side event will provide an opportunity for concrete discussions around the findings of the report and translating it into actions on the ground through multi-sector and multi-stakeholder action, working with national and local policy makers, businesses, academics and civil society. NEPAD’s 7 Dakar Principles for Multisectoral Coordination for Effective Delivery on Nutrition can provide a critical framework for how the much needed transformation of food systems could happen in practice.
- Ibrahim Assane Mayaki, CEO, NEPAD-AUDA
- Sacko Josefa Leonel Correa, AU Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture
- Gunhild Stordalen, Executive Chair and Founder, EAT
- Lindiwe Sibanda Majele, EAT-Lancet Commissioner,
- Fabrice DeClerck, Bioversity International and Science Director, EAT
- Gerda Verburg, United Nations Assistant Secretary General and Coordinator of the SUN Movement
- Michelle Bowman, Deputy Country Director of Save the Children International, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Dr. Hamady Diop, Head of the Program, Natural Resource Governance, Food Security and Nutrition, NEPAD Agency
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Ibrahim Assane Mayaki, CEO
Sacko Josefa Leonel Correa
Lindiwe Sibanda Majele