Are You Our New Human Resource Manager?
Job Opening – Human Resource Manager
Date posted: 07.05.2020
Work location: Oslo, Norway
Job function: Finance & Admin team
Job type: Full-time, permanent
EAT is an international non-profit organization founded by Stordalen Foundation, Stockholm Resilience Centre and Wellcome Trust, and works towards catalyzing a global food system transformation. Our vision is a fair and sustainable global food system for healthy people and planet – leaving no one behind. The organization connects and partners across science, policy, business and civil society to transform the global food system through sound science, impatient disruption and novel partnerships.
The Human Resource Manager reports to the Director of Finance and is part of one of our Core Functions named Finance & Admin.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall strategy of the organization
- Work closely with management representatives on building organizational culture
- Further develop and implement processes and templates for all HR related matters including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, insurances and benefits, performance development, holiday planning and off-boarding
- Advise EATs leadership team on HR related matters and questions
- Support and guide employees on HR related matters, grievances and questions
- Ensure compliance with regulatory concerns regarding employment and employee matters
- Point of contact towards payroll which is outsourced, monthly controlling of payroll data
- Point of contact for employee insurance and benefits providers and employee relocation support
- Maintaining staff records, HR system (Simployer) and administer leave applications
- Continuously develop the HR intranet platform (SharePoint)
- University Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a Human Resource Manager/Generalist
- Fluency in English is required both orally and in writing, additional Scandinavian language is an advantage
- Strong working knowledge in Norwegian employment laws and regulations
- Advanced digital tools skills (Office 365)
- Very comfortable working independently and towards short deadlines
- Structured individual with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think holistically and to see the big picture
- Strategic mind-set, drive, and can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive to working in a high-paced environment with a wide range of tasks
In addition to being part of a global platform for fair and sustainable food systems EAT offers a fair salary and competitive benefits package including pension savings, workers compensation/occupational injury and travel insurance. Relocation support is provided for international candidates.
All application material and inquiries regarding the position should be in English. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Human Resource Manager’ in the subject line.
When you submit your application, EAT will collect and process your personal data for recruiting-related purposes only. For further details, please read EAT’s Privacy Statement related to recruitment and hiring here.
Date: 5 June 2020
Applications will be reviewed, and relevant candidates contacted on a rolling basis.