Project Lead (EAT@Home)
Date posted: 17.07.2020
Work location: Oslo, Norway
Job function: Engagement and management
Job type: Full-time, initial employment for 6 months with possibility of extension
Start date: October 1, 2020
EAT is an international non-profit organization founded by Stordalen Foundation, Stockholm Resilience Centre and Wellcome Trust, and works towards catalyzing a global food system transformation. Our vision is a fair and sustainable global food system for healthy people and planet – leaving no one behind. The organization connects and partners across science, policy, business and civil society to transform the global food system through sound science, impatient disruption and novel partnerships. Please visit EAT’s website for more information about our organization and the work we do.
EAT@Home is our digital food systems platform and series including live broadcasts, virtual workshops and events serving as EAT’s testing ground for our transition to a (more) digital presence —a learning by doing pilot that will inform how we evolve the organization more broadly, while also positioning and enabling us to play a unique, virtual role within the global food systems transformation movement.
The Project Lead reports to the Chief of Implementation and is part of the Implementation team.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the strategic planning and execution for EAT@Home platform and virtual events.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the project and associated operations
- Collaborate with colleagues and EAT partners to curate content, identify and secure speakers.
- Oversee management of on-site studio operations for EAT@Home
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with external partners in relation to EAT@Home activities
- Managing the project budget and supporting any additional fundraising efforts required
- Responsible for risk management in addition to mitigation plans and actions
- Support and provide input to the Implementation unit’s overall objectives and the success of EAT’s strategic direction
- Minimum bachelor’s degree within a relevant field; project management, events operations, sustainability, food, health, communications, and business
- A track record of planning and executing successful projects and engagement activities
- At least 3 years’ experience in event management with a focus on virtual events planning and strategy
- Experience planning and executing successful virtual events
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate team members
- Mindset to understand and recommend new technologies and event AV production.
- Proactive, enthusiastic and flexible individual with strong leadership skills
- Structured individual with strong coordination and negotiation skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deliverables and responsibilities at the same time
- Creative problem-solving ability and excellent time management skills with the ability to handle stress and short deadlines
- Ability to offer and receive constructive feedback
- Capacity to work both independently and within a team
- Positive to work in an international and high-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written English required. Knowledge of a Scandinavian language is an asset
- Advanced digital tools skills (Office 365)
- Strong interest in contributing to EAT’s mission
Terms of Employment
- This is a paid full-time position requiring 37.5 hours of work per week inclusive of lunch hours.
- The set duration of employment is initially 6 months with possibility of extension. The desired start date is October 1st 2020.
- EAT is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all employees.
- EAT is unable to sponsor visas or work permits and it is the responsibility of the employee to ensure that they are legally permitted to work in Oslo.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close the position before the deadline if suitable candidates are identified.
Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the position. All application material and inquiries regarding the position should be in English and directed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Lead (EAT@Home)” in the subject line.
When you submit your application, EAT will collect and process your personal data for recruiting-related purposes only. For further details, please read EAT’s Privacy Statement related to recruitment and hiring here.