Urban Food Systems Officer
Date posted: 3.12.2021
Work location: Oslo, Norway
Job function: Policy
Job type: 12 months
We at EAT are currently strengthening our urban food systems portfolio and are looking for a high performing Urban Food Systems Officer who enjoys strong teamwork but also has the ability to work independently, connecting with all levels of our organization and with our external stakeholders.
The Urban Food Systems Officer reports to the Director of Global Action.
The Urban Food Systems Officer is part of the Cities team.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop EAT’s portfolio of urban projects and expertise including scoping work, desk research, and content development
- Provide technical expertise in the urban governance, urban planning and food systems context and stay up to date with major developments in the field
- Coordinate events and workshops, including developing materials and handling logistics and administrative matters
- Prepare concept notes, proposals and slides to guide internal project planning and external discussions
- Liaise with external partners
- Support budget and grant development and tracking
- Assist in organization and structuring of cities project materials; support internal and external communication of EAT’s cities work
- Minimum two years relevant professional experience, ideally working with urban design and planning tools and/or with local government. Particular value is placed on:
- Demonstrating an understanding of how to influence urban food environments
- Experience working in urban contexts in low-and-middle-income countries
- Experience working in multi-partner projects, grants and consortia
- Masters or equivalent degree in a field related to urban planning, environment and climate change, public health, public policy, or development studies, with technical depth in the food, health and sustainability nexus and an understanding of cross-disciplinary linkages.
- Fluency in English is required; additional languages (especially a Scandinavian language or French) are a bonus
- Competency with Office 365, graphic design skills a bonus
- Excellent academic and professional performance
- Structured individual with strong analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail – while also able to think holistically
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to provide relevant information to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and in teams – connecting with all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Passion for EAT’s mission and positive to work and travel in an international and high paced environment.
In addition to being part of a global platform for fair and sustainable food systems EAT offers a fair salary and competitive benefits package including pension, workers compensation/occupational injury and travel insurance.
All applications and inquiries regarding the position should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Urban Food Systems Officer” in the subject line. Attention to hiring manager Emily Norford.
When you submit your application, EAT will collect and process your personal data for recruiting-related purposes only. For further details, please read EAT’s Privacy Statement related to recruitment and hiring here.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close the position before the deadline if a suitable candidate is identified.