Are You Our New Social Media and Communication Intern?
Date posted: 13 January 2020
Work location: Oslo, Norway
Job function: Communication
Job type: Internship, Temporary, Full time
Job Duration: Six months
EAT is an international non-profit organization founded by Stordalen Foundation, Stockholm Resilience Centre and Wellcome Trust, and works towards catalyzing a global food system transformation. Our vision is a fair and sustainable global food system for healthy people and planet – leaving no one behind. The organization connects and partners across science, policy, business and civil society to transform the global food system through sound science, impatient disruption and novel partnerships. Please see the ‘About EAT’ section at the top of the page for more information about our organization and the work we do.
We are strengthening our Communication function and are looking for a high performing Social Media and Communication expert who enjoys strong teamwork but also has the ability to work independently, connecting with all levels of our organization and with our external stakeholders.
The Social Media & Communication Intern is part of the Communication & Engagement Team and reports to the Director of Communication and Engagement.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Create content for all EAT’s platforms, including text, video, photo, podcast
- Provide feedback to team leadership on social media strategies across channels, including ongoing content and specific campaigns for growth and continuous engagement in furtherance of EAT strategy, mission, vision and values
- Support brand management and risk mitigation on all digital channels
- Support integration of partner communications onto EAT channels
- Monitor and reporting on EAT presence in media, relevant industry news, social media;
- Support EAT’s traditional media coverage and tracking
- Support website content development and backend maintenance
- Support and contribute to a strong, positive, collaborative and creative team culture
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communications skills
- Creative, strategic thinker
- Demonstrated strategic social media expertise
- Experience with traditional and new media, including evolving media trends, preferred
- Advanced digital tools skills (Office 365, WordPress or similar website management, Social Media platforms and supporting tools)
- Structured individual with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude, team-oriented, creative, detail-oriented problem-solver
- Interest in and commitment to EAT’s mission
- Proficiency in English is essential; Scandinavian languages a distinct advantage
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or equivalent
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
All applications should be submitted in English to email@example.com with “Communication Intern” in the subject line. Please include a resume, cover letter, one writing sample and social media handles (personal or managed by applicant).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close the position before the deadline if a suitable candidate is identified. Final deadline for applications: January 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM CET (Oslo local time).
When you submit your application, EAT will collect and process your personal data for recruiting-related purposes only. For further details, please read EAT’s Privacy Statement related to recruitment and hiring here.