Are You Our New Social Media & Communication Intern?
Date posted: 16 September 2019
Work location: Oslo, Norway
Job function: Communication
Job type: Internship, Temporary, Full time
Job Duration: Three months with opportunity to extend
EAT is an international non-profit organization founded by Stordalen Foundation, Stockholm Resilience Centre and Wellcome Trust, and works towards catalyzing a global food system transformation. Our vision is a fair and sustainable global food system for healthy people and planet – leaving no one behind. The organization connects and partners across science, policy, business and civil society to transform the global food system through sound science, impatient disruption and novel partnerships. Please visit EAT’s website for more information about our organization and the work we do.
We at EAT are currently strengthening our Communication function and are looking for a high performing Social Media and Communication expert who enjoys strong teamwork but also has the ability to work independently, connecting with all levels of our organization and with our external stakeholders.
The Social Media & Communication Intern report to the Director of Communication and Engagement.
The Social Media & Communication Intern is part of the Communication & Engagement Team.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Support development and implementation of communication strategies in furtherance of EAT strategy, mission, vision and values
- Develop and implement strategies across all social media channels, including ongoing content and specific campaigns, to create growth, engagement and continuous development
- Support brand management and risk mitigation on all digital channels
- Create content for all EAT’s platforms, including text, video, photo, podcast
- Support integration of partner communications onto EAT channels
- Monitor and reporting on EAT presence in media, relevant industry news, social media
- Support EAT’s traditional media coverage and tracking
- Support website content development and backend maintenance; Ensure eatforum.org adheres to website guidelines
- Support and contribute to a strong, positive, collaborative and creative team culture
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communications skills
- Demonstrated strategic social media expertise
- Creative, strategic thinker
- Advanced digital tools skills (Office 365, WordPress or similar website management, Social Media platforms and supporting tools)
- Structured individual with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Can-do attitude, team-oriented, creative, detail-oriented problem-solver
- Interest in and commitment to EAT’s mission
- Proficiency in English is essential. Scandinavian languages a distinct advantage
- Experience with traditional news and new media, including evolving media trends preferred
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or equivalent
In addition to being part of a global platform for fair and sustainable food systems EAT offers a fair salary and competitive benefits package including pension, workers compensation/occupational injury and travel insurance.
All applications and inquiries regarding the position should be directed to email@example.com with “Communication Intern” in the subject line. Please include resume, cover letter, one writing sample and social media handles (personal or managed by applicant).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close the position before the deadline if a suitable candidate is identified. Final deadline for applications: September 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM CET (Oslo local time).