Are You Our New Head of Finance?
Date posted: 14 January, 2020
Work location: Oslo, Norway
Job function: Finance
Job type: Permanent
We are strengthening our organization by hiring a Head of Finance who will be expected to lead the work on how the newly established finance function should be built and organized. The Head of Finance shall proactively support the organization’s financial and strategic objectives and take an active part in strategic decision making and support EAT’s initiatives with relevant analysis and insight. The right candidate is a high performing individual who enjoys working independently but also has the ability to engage in strong teamwork, connecting with all levels of our organization.
The Head of Finance reports to the CEO and has a central role in the management team.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Plan, quality assure and implement processes and deliveries related to cashflow management, accounting, budgeting, forecasting and reporting (accounting is currently outsourced)
- Facilitate and develop effective working tools in the area of finance
- Establish and implement payroll routines and system (currently outsourced)
- Follow up on financial and business management results by ensuring coherence between financial priorities and adopted strategies/plans
- Prepare and follow up analyses to ensure sound financial management and reporting
- Be responsible for the financials of application and reporting processes
- Grant management and reporting
- Project accounting including detailed follow up on projects
- Participate in developing routines and processes to ensure sufficient internal controls for financial reporting
- Stay up to date on relevant laws, regulations and guidelines and ensure the organization is in compliance with these
- Be an advisor and sparring partner on all financial matters
- Contribute across the organization as needed
- Liaison with external auditor
- Higher education within finance or accounting
- Relevant work experience from a similar position (5 years and up)
- Strong understanding of cashflow management, financial systems, project accounting and general accounting procedures, payroll rules and routines, and a genuine interest in implementing technology to create efficient processes
- Solid business management, budgeting and reporting competence and experience
- Experience in managing, reporting and reviewing EU research and Government Development Agency grants
- Working language is English and candidates need to be fluent both orally and in writing
- Scandinavian language is considered an advantage
- Advanced digital tools skills (Office 365)
In order to succeed and thrive in the role you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are structured, proactive and take pleasure in implementing systems and procedures. You have a strategic mind-set, drive and can-do attitude. You are service minded with excellent communication skills and have a positive attitude towards change and continuous improvements. The role requires that you can work both independently as well as in collaboration with others.
A challenging position in an organization with strong momentum and growth opportunities. In addition to being part of a global platform for fair and sustainable food systems you will be expected to build the newly established finance function from the bottom up. We foresee that you contribute your experience and expertise to help the organization put its resources into optimal use.
We offer an independent position in a dynamic and exciting organization where the work environment is characterized by committed and hard-working colleagues.
Our offices are centrally located in Oslo and we offer a fair salary and competitive benefits package including pension, workers compensation/occupational injury and travel insurance.
All applications and inquiries regarding the position should be in English and directed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Head of Finance” in the subject line. Please include resume and cover letter with your application.
When you submit your application, EAT will collect and process your personal data for recruiting-related purposes. For further details, please read EAT’s Privacy Statement related to recruitment and hiring here.
Date: February 9th, 2020. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as the applications come in.