Our 10-point plan
EAT set an ambitious 10-point plan for the 2017-2020 period to help bring about the great food transformation needed. Each area requires collaboration, which is central to the operation and philosophy of EAT.
- EAT will work towards building consensus on an initial, scientific ‘2 degree’ target for food.
- There was a major breakthrough in commitments to global action to mitigate the impact of climate change when the ‘2 degree’ target was introduced. A similar science-based consensus is needed to establish the parameters of healthy and sustainable diets.
- EAT will generate independent, trusted knowledge to inform change-makers’ decisions
Translating Knowledge into Action
- EAT will work to reform global, national and local governance around food systems.
- EAT will influence and align political and business action.
- EAT will translate knowledge into action working through strategic partnerships.
- EAT will scan the horizon for new partners to drive reform in critical sectors and regions.
Engaging Stakeholders | Amplifying the Message | Influencing
- EAT will grow its global food forums to be the go-to events for bold and disruptive ideas, uncommon collaborations, new research, new solutions and new connections.
- EAT will tip the scales by setting a new narrative for sustainable and healthy food.
- EAT will work with partners to put in place integrated accountability and measurement reports.
- EAT will grow, develop and streamline its operations to align with its ambitions.