EAT seeks new Chief Executive Officer
Published November 14, 2017
EAT has rapidly grown since its inception in 2013 and has expanded its scope, reach and resources. We are now looking for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the next stage of the organization’s development.
Working to the foundation’s mission, vision and values established by the Board, the CEO will lead the development, execution and assessment of the organization’s strategies, goals and objectives, and work to ensure the long-term sustainability and success of the foundation.
We offer professional and personal development in an organization that operates globally and is growing rapidly. You will have a unique opportunity to lead the expansion of our worldwide network of high-level stakeholders and build expertise within health and sustainability, with the view of transforming the global food system.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization dedicated to transforming the global food system to tackle some of the world’s greatest health and environmental challenges.
Our Chief Executive Officer will be specifically responsible for:
• Working alongside the President to set EAT’s strategic direction
• Leading the development and implementation of EAT’s strategy, setting key goals and objectives, developing measuring tools and performance indicators
• Leading and managing a multi-disciplined, multi-cultural management team, located in four European countries, with headquarters in Oslo
• Motivating a strong, positive, collaborative organizational culture in which people thrive and excel, providing staff with clear direction and support
• Ensuring good governance and accountability, working closely with the Board of Trustees and EAT´s Advisory Board, and keeping them updated on the organization’s progress towards its goals
• Maintaining effective internal control and risk management, ensuring that the foundation’s activities and operations are in compliance with laws and regulations; establishing systems to regularly and systematically evaluate the results of overall operations and programs
• Overseeing the development of budgets for submission to the Board, ensuring the Board is regularly informed on the financial status of the foundation; providing the appropriate control and accountability of all funds
• Building external support and funding to enable the organization to develop and deliver effective and sustainable programs
• Driving the organization’s efforts to move key constituents such as governments, science, business, industry, donors and partners to action
• Building new and nurturing existing key partnerships with governments, businesses, the United Nations, civil society and academic institutions, to contribute to the growth of the organization and the scaling up of its programs
• Strengthening internal processes and procedures, as well as the operational effectiveness of the organization
Profile for the position
We are looking for a new CEO who is a visionary, forward-thinking leader, with an informal and energetic management style, superior networking abilities, a high working capacity, a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain optimal organizational structures, and a positive attitude.
As the leader of a small, fast-growing organization working under start-up conditions, you will need to establish a work environment with clearly-deﬁned values, reporting structures, internal guidelines and processes.
We would particularly like to draw your attention to the values and behavior that characterize EAT as an organization:
• Optimistic: we are an inclusive, impartial and non-discriminatory platform working with stakeholders focused on opportunities to achieve genuine transformation
• Positive: we document, share and celebrate success – both our own and those of others
• Evidence based and science lead: we build our work on rigorous scientific research and collaborate closely with leading academic institutions
• Ability to be visionary and pioneer new approaches, while leveraging a large evidence base to chart the path forward
• Bold and disruptive: we dare to pursue transformative opportunities and have the courage to change course if needed, and the self-insight to do so quickly
• Open and inclusive: we passionately seek progressive collaboration and partnerships with global stakeholders in politics, the UN, business, academia and civil society to achieve high impact and measurable results
• Transparent: we operate with integrity and accountability
For additional information or to apply for the position, please click here.