EAT is looking for a communications manager for the EAT-Lancet Commission on Food, Planet, Health
Published July 24, 2017
Chance to develop and implement a communications strategy for the global launch of a unique scientific report on healthy and sustainable diets.
EAT is looking for an innovative and experienced communications manager with excellent writing skills, an understanding of the science behind the nexus of food, health and the environment, and a commitment to helping transform the global food system. This person will work with a team of communications specialists in Stockholm and Oslo to implement a world-class communications strategy for the EAT-Lancet Commission on Healthy Diets from Sustainable Food Systems.
Established in 2016, the EAT-Lancet Commission on Food, Planet, Health brings together 20 world-leading scientists from across the globe to reach a scientific consensus on what defines a healthy and sustainable diet. The Commission will deliver the first full scientific review of what constitutes a healthy diet from a sustainable food system, and which actions can support and speed up food system transformation. The results will be presented in The Lancet medical journal in Spring 2018.
The communications manager´s role will be to raise global awareness of the Commission´s work and set the stage for the release of the EAT-Lancet Commission Report on Food, Planet, Health in April 2018.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy for the EAT-Lancet Commission
- Produce well-crafted communications material for a variety of audiences, digital channels and publications, including reports, press releases, web content and op-eds
- Foster an interest in the Commission´s work among relevant stakeholders
- Develop an innovative digital platform and a social media presence to further the impact of the Commission
- Handle media requests pertaining to the Commission, prepare press conferences and events
- Handle requests for external meetings and presentations
- Prepare presentation material for the Commissioners and EAT Foundation senior management
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and develop relevant strategic messaging
- Support the EAT Foundation´s Communications team with the editing and drafting of written communications material, including web content, press releases, publications and marketing material
- Minimum bachelors degree or equivalent, with strong academic records
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably from a news organisation, non-profit organization or communications/public relations agency
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies for global organizations and/or projects
- Written and spoken fluency in English, with the ability to convert complex scientific jargon into sharp, beautiful prose. Additional languages a distinct advantage
- Experience developing communications channels, including digital channels, contact with media and production of publications is considered an advantage
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Structured, flexible and self-driven
- Ability to coordinate several tasks under time pressure
- Service minded and relationship oriented
Terms of employment
The position is full-time and for one year, with the possibility for extension. Start date is as early as possible, ideally in September 2017. The position could be based in either Stockholm or Oslo, and would report to the Science Liaison Officer and the Director of Global Communications. Some travel will be required.
EAT can offer a rewarding, international, dynamic working environment and the opportunity to play a role in building a healthy, equitable and sustainable global food system.
EAT is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all employees.
Application deadline is 28th August 2017, however we reserve the right to close the position before the deadline if a suitable candidate is found.