Are you our new Graphic Designer?
Published March 2, 2018
EAT is a small organization with an outsized impact that is playing a central role in placing food, health and sustainability on the international agenda. We're growing rapidly and we're now looking for a creative and curious Graphic Designer to strengthen our visual identity, show our work in new ways and increase understanding of our mission.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to help us evolve and reimagine the way we communicate.
You will be responsible for implementing EAT’s new visual profile (to be launched in May), collaborate with colleagues to develop new ideas, and execute those ideas, as well as creating engaging, impactful and playful communication material that reflects our values.
- Lead the implementation of EAT’s new visual profile currently under development
- Develop creative content for EAT’s social media channels – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Design publications and newsletters
- Produce visually compelling Powerpoint presentations
- Publish stories, photos and videos, create event pages for EAT´s website (our new website is currently under development)
- Create branded marketing materials as required and supervise usage of branded materials
- Assist the Engagement team with multimedia needs for an event (videos, presentations, designs for stands, posters, leaflets, backdrops etc.); ensure a consistent visual marketing campaign
- Oversee adherence to brand guidelines within the organization
- Manage design, photo and video library
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications or equivalent
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience
- Experience designing and producing graphics for various formats (i.e. digital, print etc.)
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Premiere
- Basic web and CMS / WordPress experience
- Experience with video editing a plus
- Creative, problem solver and detail oriented
- Ability to ensure high editorial and design standards under tight, often moving deadlines
- Proficiency in English is essential. Scandinavian languages a distinct advantage
- Interest in EAT´s mission
Terms of Employment
The position is full-time. Start date is as early as possible. The position would be based at EAT’s headquarters in Oslo and would report to the Director of Global Engagement and Communications. Some international travel will be required.
EAT can offer a rewarding, international, diverse and dynamic working environment and the opportunity to play a role in building a healthy, equitable and sustainable global food system.
EAT is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global organization, and we welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Application deadline is March 23, however we reserve the right to close the position before the deadline if a suitable candidate is found.
To apply, send a CV and cover letter in English, as well as a PDF featuring your best work or a link to a website portfolio featuring your past/current projects to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mark the application clearly with “Graphic Designer”.
EAT is an international non-profit organization established by the Stordalen Foundation, Wellcome Trust and the Stockholm Resilience Centre. The vision of EAT is a future where healthy and sustainable food is affordable, attractive and accessible to all.
We are a strategic platform whose mission is to engage the key stakeholders of the food system to find common solutions to the challenge of sustainably feeding a healthy population of 9.5 billion people by mid-Century.